I've been making this cheesecake for Craig for awhile now....he always requests it for holidays, anniversaries, birthdays, or when he wants a cheesecake. Which would be all the time if I let it lol.
It's not that pretty, but it's light, fluffy and extremely easy to make and very tasty!
Note: This is a very whipped cheesecake, it wont firm up like a regular cheesecake. Some find the filling to sweet so you can lower the sugar if you'd prefer.
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 6 tbs butter (yes it's A LOT, but I find the crust doesnt stay together as well with less butter. Use less if you want, it will just make it a bit more crumbly but still taste good)
- 1 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar - I like to mix brown and white
- 1 8oz package cream cheese
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar - I've used a mixture of powdered and regular to make it less fluffy before
1) Mix together graham cracker crumbs, margarine, and sugar in a bowl until well incorporated and crumbly. Press into a pie plate, going up the sides as much as possible.
2) Beat whipping cream in a bowl until fluffy. Add in the cream cheese, lemon juice, vanilla and powdered sugar and beat/whip until light and fluffy. Pour into the pie crust and smooth with a spatula.
Refrigerate 2-3 hours until firm, or if you want some asap....freeze for 30 minutes :)