Saturday, August 14, 2010

Carrots with Curry Orange Sauce

I made this the other day and I was really impressed! Craig loved them too, Ethan wouldent touch them (but he's that way with veggies). It's from a little "Love Your Heart" American Heart Association Cookbook that I have no idea where I got it from.

Serves 4, 1/2 cup carrots and 1 tablespoon sauce per serving.

4 Medium carrots, cut diagonally into 1/8 inch slices (I used about a half pound baby carrots uncut)

Sauce:

1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin (I didint have any)
1/8 tsp salt (I used Kosher so I used a little more salt)

In a large saucepan, steam carrots for 7 - 8 minutes, or until just tender. Pour into a colander and drain well. Transfer to a serving bowl.

Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring the orange juice to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for 1 1/2 minutes, or until reduced to 2 tablespoons. Remove from heat. Stir in the remaining sauce ingrediants, mix in carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment