Friday, May 20, 2011

I made Naan!

I made the BEST dinner the other night! Well, I thought it was the best. Craig said it was "ok" but Ethan liked it! Craig is to meat and potatoes to like to much ethnic food. He calls it "weird" =/.

I made Quick Curried Chickpeastandoori chicken (I forgot the skewers for the kabobs part), and the best part....homemade naan! I've always been afraid of making anything that requires yeast or kneading, but this was so super easy and SO GOOD. I will definitely be making it again. The chicken was also super good, very flavorful and moist. Craig didn't care for the chickpeas but I really liked their mild flavor.

I really want to make some honey wheat sandwich bread, but I'm worried it wont get eaten! We really don't eat a lot of bread, but I think I might anyway. Maybe it will make Craig want to take lunch one day instead of buying it.

I'm super excited, next month I'm taking the boys to Disneyland for their first time!! I'm going with my aunt and family, but Craig wont be able to come :( He has work and we will be gone almost a week, I haven't been apart from him that long since we moved in together. I wonder how Ethan will be without Dada that long. But how could I pass up on taking them to Disneyland? We will make the 3 hour trip to my Aunt's house on Monday the 20th and spend the night. Tuesday morning we'll leave and head down to Disneyland! Hopefully we can meet up with my mother in law one evening so she can see the boys.....she only lives 20 something minutes away from Disneyland. Then Friday morning we leave to come home, and I haven't decided if I'll spend the night at her house and come home on Saturday, or if I just want to drive the rest of the way that day. We'll see how it goes.

I've showed Ethan a couple of videos on Youtube about Disneyland, I don't think he really understood what I was showing him though lol. He did get excited about the Haunted Mansion, but I think he might be to young to go on that one. I hope he likes the rides....I'm kind of worried he'll end up being scared!

After the boys get up from their nap we have to run to the store, and I'm hoping to get a bunch of cleaning done today!

Aaaaand I totally forgot to go get dinner into the crockpot.


No comments:

Post a Comment