Saturday, July 3, 2010

Apricot Balsamic Glazed Salmon

On Father's Day I made Apricot Balsamic Glazed Salmon from the book Cooking For Two: Efficient and Delicious Meals. I was so looking forward to it, and I hate to say it....it was disppointing. There just wasen't much flavor at all. Ethan ate a bite, Craig didint like it much.....so it was a negative :( It sounds so good though! Next time I would marinate it, although I'm not sure what would go good with this. I would love to try it again though.

- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 (6oz) salmon fillets, skin removed

Heat oven to 425F

Line shallow baking pan with foil, spray with nonstick cooking spray.

In small saucepan, heat preserves, vinegar, ginger, garlic and salt over low heat 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cool slightly.

Place salmon fillets n baking sheet, top with apricot glaze. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until salmon just begins to flake.

No comments:

Post a Comment