Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WIP Crochet Afghan (scrapghan)

I've got a huge tub of yarn, with LOTS of grays, blues and some sprinkling of pinks and purples. So far I've got...4 rows? So it will only take me 5 years to finish!

I'm using this ripple afghan pattern. It's super easy, which is what I was going for. I wanted something simple (besides just straight rows) that I could do while getting interrupted every 2 minutes :)




I've also discovered a charity called "Mother Bear Project". The Mother Bear Project is dedicated to providing comfort and hope to children affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging nations, by giving them a gift of love in the form of a hand-knit or crocheted bear.

I'm awaiting my pattern, I think that's a great idea they have.

Ethan is at preschool right now, and Zach is napping....so I'm all by myself! :D I'm going to attempt to get the Christmas stuff out of storage, but they are heaving boxes, and I keep imagining a spider falling on me as I'm pulling the box down. Ahhhhhh!

We don't really have the money to buy gifts this year (except for the kids) so we are just making a bunch of cookies and letting the boys make ornaments for everyone. I've got a bunch of different ones we're going to try to make....and I'd love to try my hand at salt dough ornaments. I need to find out what type of sealant I need for them though.....and we don't have any paint. I'll be going to Walmart next week anyway for some Christmas shopping.

Oh I was so excited, at Dollar Tree they had licensed wrapping paper! I got Toy Story and Cars, but they also had Spongebob, Dora and I think Tinkerbell. I prefer just regular Christmas pictures on my paper, but I know the boys will love the cartoons. 

Ok I think I'm going to attempt to get the decorations down now. Wish me luck. 

*sprinkles self with spider repelling glitter magic*

No comments:

Post a Comment